BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED
Skirmish brings the spirit and fun of FightCamp into a whole new level. Running this year from the 17th to 18th June 2023, our Spring event, is held in Ripley, Surrey, near Woking. Around 30 miles south of London. Held across the two weekend days, there are a number of classes, demonstrations, competitions and traders. Our mission objective for Skirmish is to try and bring a range of martial arts activities to HEMA practitioners that they may not be able to encounter at other HEMA events.
New For 2023!
We are excited to share a new development for this year! There will be a series of awesome food trucks, serving from breakfast to dinner time, including hog roast and pizza ovens. We will also have a bar on site for Saturday evening.
Camping will be available from the Friday evening this year too, arrive any time after 6pm to claim your spot!
FightCamp Skirmish 2023 Lineup
These are the instructors, classes, traders and talks you can expect at this year’s event.
- Bolognese Sword and Buckler, with Fran Lacuata – School of the Sword
- Advanced Sabre Beyond The Riposte, with Pedro San Miguel – Schola Gladiatoria
- Fiore’s Dagger vs The World, with Jack Butcher – Schola Gladiatoria
- 18th Century British Spadroon, with Nick Thomas – Academy of Historical Fencing
- Longsword from Külner Fechbucker & Codex Wallerstein, with Jordan Mock – Academy of Steel
- Omnidirectional Skirmishing Tactics, with Asanta Lawla – Shastar Vidiya
- Melee Games, with Mark Gilbert – Riddle of Steel
- Thumb Draw Archery, with Jacek Kaminski – Schola Gladiatoria
- Backsword, with Gaz Kelleher – Portsmouth British Martial Arts
- Fencing Advice For Any Sword, with Jamie MacIver – London Historical Fencing Club
- British Quarterstaff, with Chris Halpin – York School of Defence
- Langes Messer, with Lauren Ireland – York School of Defence
- Lignitzer Sword & Buckler, with Kindred Willow – Glasgow HEMA
- Hand to Hand Fighting Techniques of the Great War, with Jason Hulott – Canterbury Medieval Combat
- Big Knife Fighting From Marozzo to Biddle, with Matt Easton – Schola Gladiatoria
- Introduction to Cutting Feats, with Colin Fieldhouse – Schola Gladiatoria
- When is a Longsword not a Longsword, with Jo York – Hotspur School of Defence
Crafts & Trading
- Paul Binns Swords
- Tempus Fugitives
- Caledonian Craftsman
The site will open at 6pm on the Friday, and classes will begin at 9am the following morning. When you arrive, turn right through the nursery car park and continue into the adjacent field. Please follow the Marshal on duty’s directions to the car park. Please note parking capacity is limited. Where possible we request that you try to carpool.
Once on site you will need to report to reception in the marquee. You do not need a paper ticket, your name will be on a register. Check in, and you will receive a wristband. Please wear the wristband for the duration of the event.
A detailed timetable PDF will be uploaded within 48 hours of the event. Please print a copy to bring with you if you can. Classes are not pre booked, simply arrive at the appropriate arena five minutes before they are due to begin, with the right equipment where possible.