Skirmish brings the spirit and fun of FightCamp into a whole new level. Our Spring event, it is held in Ripley, Surrey, near Woking. Around 30 miles south of London. Run across the two weekend days, there are a number of classes, demonstrations, competitions and traders. Our mission objective for Skirmish is to try and bring a range of martial arts activities to HEMA practitioners that they may not be able to encounter at other HEMA events.
FightCamp Skirmish 2022 Lineup
These are the instructors, classes, traders and talks you can expect this year!
- Fran Lacuata – Intro to Bolognese sword & buckler
- Adrian Faulkner – Intro to single rapier
- Nick Thomas – Sabre & Spadroon Supremacy – Great techniques to get the best out of both
- Asante Lawla – Skirmishing games for developing footwork
- Mark Gilbert – Melee games
- Pedro San Miguel – Sabre according to Luigi Barbasetti. Contrasting with British sabre methods.
- Jay Maxwell – Ronca: The subtle art of the Italian Bill (or halberd and pollaxe)
- Kindred Willow – Highland broadsword & targe
- Jordan Mock – Fiore Vs Liechtenauer longsword: How to use Fiore’s system to overcome those tricky Master Strikes
- Chris Halpin & Lauren Ireland – Getting Messy with Messer
- Matt Easton & Gavin Locke – Armoured combat principles and techniques
- Jamie MacIver – Principles of Mixed Weapon Fencing from Pacheco de Narváez
- Jack Butcher – Spear vs sword
- Jacek Kaminski – Shooting recurve bows with thumb rings – presentation and have a go
- Paul Binns – Putting hilts on blades
Crafts & Trading
- Paul Binns Swords
- Tempus Fugitives
- Caledonian Craftsman
The site opens at 6am on the Saturday, and classes will begin at 9am. When you arrive, turn right through the nursery car park and continue into the adjacent field. Please follow the Marshal on duty’s directions to the car park. Please note parking capacity is limited. Where possible we request that you try to carpool.
Once on site you will need to report to reception in the marquee. You do not need a paper ticket, your name will be on a register. Check in, and you will receive a wristband. Please wear the wristband for the duration of the event.
A detailed timetable PDF will be uploaded within 48 hours of the event. Please print a copy to bring with you if you can. Classes are not pre booked, simply arrive at the appropriate arena five minutes before they are due to begin, with the right equipment where possible.