Skirmish is our Spring event held in Ripley, Surrey, near Woking. It is around 30 miles south of London. Skirmish 2020 will be held on 6th and 7th June.
Run across the two weekend days, there are a number of classes, demonstrations, competitions and traders.
Our mission objective for Skirmish is to try and bring a range of martial arts activities to HEMA practitioners that they may not be able to encounter at other HEMA events.
Let’s start by taking a look at the classes.
FightCamp Skirmish Classes
Classes at Skirmish 2020 will include:
- Military Sabre with Pedro San Miguel (Schola Gladiatoria)
- Melee and Skirmishing with Mark Gilbert (Riddle of Steel)
- Tactical Principles for Mixed Weapon Combat with Jamie MacIver (LHFC)
- Bolognese Sidesword and Buckler with Fran Terminiello (SOTS)
- Naval Boarding Actions with Nick Thomas (AHF)
- Fiore’s Volta with Jordan Mock (Academy of Steel)
- The Partisan – Ferocious Deconstruction with Jay Maxwell (Tempus Fugitives)
- Shastar Vidiya – Traditional Indian Knife Combat with Asante Lawla
- Victorian and Renaissance Knife with Matt Easton (Schola Gladiatoria)
- Medieval Armored Fighting with Gavin Locke (Schola Gladiatoria)
Skirmish gives its attendees the opportunity to chat with and watch the work of experts in their field.
This year’s demonstrations will include:
- Forging, grinding and polish with Beynon’s Blacksmithing and Paul Binns
- Warbows and Arrows with Will Sherman (Medieval Arrows)
There will also be a fun mixed weapon tournament, run by Dave Thompson of the English Martial Arts Academy.