2022 BOOKINGS OPENING SOON
FightCamp Latest News
We are delighted to announce that based on the latest government press information, and scrutinising of the Stage 4 rules that are likely to apply in August, we are delighted to announce that we are confident that we can move ahead with the FightCamp 2021.
Running from Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd August 2021.
This Year You Can Expect
- The return of popular instructors and top class topics
- New instructors and weapon sets
- Dedicated free sparring area
- A new improved melee tournament
Our Amazing Instructors Will Include:
- Paul Binns: Grinding and buffing your weapon
- Lauren Ireland: Victorian/Edwardian defence on a train!
- Chris Halpin:
- Standing submissions from Catch wrestling
- Stick or Treat, an intro to Eskrima
- Fran Lacuata: Pollaxeaccording to Monte and the Anonimo Bolognese
- Nick Thomas: Naval Boarding Actions from Pringle Green
- Michael Thomas: 16th century dussack for sabre fencers
- Keith Farrell
- Longsword sparring with historical rules
- Getting physical with dussacks
- Susan Kirk: Smallsword: Getting straight to the point
- Jay Maxwell: Footwork and body mechanics in the Bolognese tradition
- Tom & Sam Ive: Sparring games with Tree of Shields
- Kindred Willow: Disarms in Highland broadsword systems
- Jordan Mock: The three turnings of Fiore dei Liberi and their application in fencing
- Mark Gilbert: Melee games
- Colin Fieldhouse
- 2 days scored sparring arena “The FightCamp OPEN”
- HEMA scenarios from the age of black powder
- Joshua R Bradshaw
- Bolognese paired swords
- Anonimo Bolognese
- Shanee Nishry: Controlling The Flow Of The Fight in Longsword
- Emilia Skirmuntt: Dirty tricks from rapier systems
- Asante Lawla: Shastar Vidiya – Knife Combat Principles
- Tim Hamilton: Effects of timing, tempo and distance in Japanese swordsmanship
- Jack Butcher: Fiore’s dagger
- Jennifer Garside: Indian clubs, as easy as ABC
- Jamie MacIver: Counter by Counter without end: Fighting at the Mezza Spada
- Alex Bourdas: The zwerhaw in Liechtenauer longsword
- Matt Easton: Improving the odds of winning: Sabre, Sidesword or Backsword
- Diana Matthess: No partner, no problem: Dynamic movement drills for longsword or staff
- Gavin, Pete, Pete, Martin: Armoured combat from various treatises
- Adrian Faulkner: Bolognese sword and buckler
Changes for FightCamp 2021
We will do everything we can to make FightCamp have the same character as always, but even with regulations lifting there are likely to need to be some changes.
And ways that we must adapt in order to follow whatever rules remain.
Therefore this year only we will be
- Suspending use of the indoor training hall
- Cancelling some of the annual tournaments
Although we sincerely hope this will not be the case, if you buy a ticket for the event it is also possible that you will need to:
- Wear masks in indoor areas
- Socially distance where possible
We will keep you posted on all of these as soon as have enough information to do so.
This FightCamp might be a little different, but it’s still going to be great.
And we can’t wait to see you all there.